Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

m pump

(1/3) > >>

snakemaster:
put a  M pump on my tdi and runs good bit i only have the std 90hp.185 injectors the prob is if give it hard throtle the car goes down to 3 clinders then 2 and after 30 meters with light throtle it goes back on to 4 clinders, and then it goes good with stedy throtle, any though on what is causing this    :?  i have the gov mod on the pump to , it even done it with the fly by wire pump

Slave2School:
Are the injectors all tightened in enough/clean at the base?  Mine was pretty slow when I had a slight leak on two cylinders.  Some soapy water at idle might show if there are any leaks around the injectors or the glow plugs.

craiggroombridge:
sounds like a supply restriction check your fuel volume

Craig

Ziptar:
Might be because your avatar is so huge...   :P

Really though... sounds like air is getting sucked into the fuel lines before the IP somewhere or you have a blockage / clog.

If you left it sit for a while does it also take some cranking to get it going again? In otherwords has fuel drained back to the tank?

I had almost the exact same problem on my 03 TDI a couple years back....

Went crazy all day Mity-Vac'ing all the lines and checking injectors only to find a seam had failed on the fuel filter after 8000 miles. It was a small hair line leak at the seam but, was enough to be  problem.

Tintin:
I wants to understand well, if i translated correctly, that gives me the effect of a timing too retard with a came plate not enough aggressive.

Here i see some TDI with AAZ pumps, and it is the same thing which occurs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version