Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: diesel alternator bracket needed  (Read 4312 times)

November 07, 2004, 03:18:22 pm

ejust

• Junior

diesel alternator bracket needed
« on: November 07, 2004, 03:18:22 pm »
Ive posted in VW Vortex already about needing diesel alternator brackets.  I thought i had someone to help me out but i dont have a year to wait for them to decide what there doing or when there gonna ship the stuff.  I need the brackets like now - not next year or next month.  My only good car ('86 Audi 5kS) i had got its windows smashed in last night by some a $ $ h o l e (dont know who).    Now i have no car to drive at all. I need alternator brackets for a DIESEL NON A/C Non P/S. It locates the alternator to run off the waterpump and crank pulleys, i figured an older rabbit or Jetta would have them. Please get back to me ASAP - How much for it including shipped to 54143 and do you take Paypal.  Its Nov in Wisconsin = cold and snow soon!!!! Please help.

V-dubs r cool n Audi's rule,
German cars make me drool!
'86 Jetta TD (Hoop-D)
'86 Audi 5000S

Reply #1November 10, 2004, 09:14:16 am

chrissev

• Veteran

Re: diesel alternator bracket needed
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 09:14:16 am »
Quote from: "ejust"
Ive posted in VW Vortex already about needing diesel alternator brackets.  I thought i had someone to help me out but i dont have a year to wait for them to decide what there doing or when there gonna ship the stuff.  I need the brackets like now - not next year or next month.  My only good car ('86 Audi 5kS) i had got its windows smashed in last night by some a $ $ h o l e (dont know who).    Now i have no car to drive at all. I need alternator brackets for a DIESEL NON A/C Non P/S. It locates the alternator to run off the waterpump and crank pulleys, i figured an older rabbit or Jetta would have them. Please get back to me ASAP - How much for it including shipped to 54143 and do you take Paypal.  Its Nov in Wisconsin = cold and snow soon!!!! Please help.

let me guess - your old bracket is broken in half.  If this is the case, just do what I did.  Take it to a welder and have him weld it back together.  Cost me $5.  Never had any more problems with it.
88 Jetta TD....sold for $1000, bought an 06 Cobalt, clearing out the diesel jetta stuff now

Reply #2November 12, 2004, 05:00:14 am

ejust

• Junior

alt bracket
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 05:00:14 am »
my bracket is not broke. Its an a/c type. i dont want that. I want a non a/c type to run the alt off the crank/WPump pulleys. It locaters the alt where the a/c comp used to be and shifts it over as well.
V-dubs r cool n Audi's rule,
German cars make me drool!
'86 Jetta TD (Hoop-D)
'86 Audi 5000S

Fixmyvw.com