S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Boost Gauge (lke to install one)  (Read 5405 times)

December 13, 2018, 09:15:31 pm

monst

• Junior

Boost Gauge (lke to install one)
« on: December 13, 2018, 09:15:31 pm »

I would like to install a boost gauge

Can you recommend one?   and it has pretty decent instructions.  (should be lighted)
   What is the price range of  boost gauges....
THanks, Monst

Jetta A2 91 1.6L Naturally Asthmatic....
Bosal header 2.25" exhaust Flomaster

Reply #1July 11, 2019, 09:20:17 am

BarrySon

Boost Gauge lke to install one
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 09:20:17 am »
Hopefully you have a mechanical boost gauge.   TDIs dont produce any vaccuum, like it was mentioned before, tap into one of the intercooler pipes....

Reply #2July 11, 2019, 10:59:49 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: Boost Gauge (lke to install one)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 10:59:49 pm »
I finally flipped my engine over to a 1.6 L turbo and I was using a VAC/Boost gauge to monitor the brake booster but now it is on the turbo doing boost duty. 

I run an AutoMeter gauge, 2 1/16, white face with black numbers and a red sweep needle.  It is illuminated and seems to be well made.  As for instructions, I am pretty sure it came with something more than the classic four boxes with illustrations in them and no words.  Not sure of the price but thinking somewhere in the 30 to 33 range. 

Some gauges do not come with the 1/8 inch nylon tubing and the fittings to hook it to a 1/8 inch threaded port.  I had an oil gauge for the turbo that had me buying a separate kit for that purpose.  So watch if the gauge comes with hardware or you will be down to the local parts place buying a kit.

Fixmyvw.com