Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: TDI takes a civic *with pic now  (Read 4451 times)

September 12, 2006, 05:07:26 pm

Slave2School

• Veteran

TDI takes a civic *with pic now
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:07:26 pm »
Well I was in Thunder bay this summer, having a bit of a vacation as we drive out to Winnipeg from Greenwood, NS

I roll up to the lights (which are in an 80km/h zone) and a civic with a bumble bee tuna muffler pulls up next to me :D  I look over and smirk as I note the $800 GPS nav glued to the dash and the rusted out fenders...  The guy's girlfriend notices me quietly chuckling to myself and I see her nudge her boyfriend and motion in our direction.  Vrroooom bzzzt goes the civic (It's on now baby!)

I quietly tell my wife to secure herself and reach down to flick on the evry mod ;)  The light turns green and I go down about 1/2 on the throttle then nail it to the rug, I'm now smoking the tires off my car through the intersection with a full load, and by full load I mean a 1500lb boat/trailer combo my wife and two kids and all of our stuf for a cross country trip :D  About the time we are 3/4 of the way by the civic (including the trailer) my wife informs me (in between maniacle laughter) that it's only an 80km/h zone and I should slow from my current speed of 95km/h+ ;)

I let off and allow the civic to go by in an angry bee swarm fit, I was highly entertained by this encounter.  I only wonder if the GPS nav helps him get where he wants to go faster :lol:

Here's a pic from my phone of the car and trailer

*my car has the slush box and 17" rims and tires on it too lol

Waiting for a bigger better diesel to come along.
2002 ford focme wagon

Reply #1September 12, 2006, 06:23:55 pm

klang

• User+

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 06:23:55 pm »
sweet =)

Its always fun to beat those pokémon cars...

Reply #2September 14, 2006, 07:08:08 am

Slave2School

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 07:08:08 am »
It was so funny to blow the doors off an unloaded car witha  "slow" diesel, albiet only an old rusted out civic from ~1994.
2002 ford focme wagon

Reply #3September 18, 2006, 03:32:26 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 03:32:26 pm »
sweet!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

Reply #4September 18, 2006, 04:59:15 pm

Slave2School

• Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 04:59:15 pm »
Thanks Smokey!

It's only gonna get sweeter I have my 80% limited slip kit here and a VNT-17 on the way mwhahahahahaha.  Between that and Marc's tuning skills to keep my tranny happy I should be set for the remainder of the car's life.
2002 ford focme wagon

Reply #5September 19, 2006, 01:09:30 am

jackbombay

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 01:09:30 am »
Trailer hitch strength test to commence in 3... 2... 1...

Dusting him with a boat in tow for the ultimate humiliation!

Reminds me of the time in my Volvo 245 gasser when I dusted this ford Probe over a winding mountain pass with 2 other guys in my car... and a canoe on the roof!!!! I was driving about 15 MPH over the speed limit on the lead up to the pass and he was itching to pass but couldn't as there was some oncoming traffic, once we got to the hill I let it rip and he couldn't hang :D . My 245 was running 15 PSI, fat exhaust, bilstiens, ignition timing mods, fuel mods, etc....

Reply #6September 19, 2006, 08:58:08 am

Slave2School

• Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 08:58:08 am »
Thanks Jack!  Your Volvo must have had some nice torque for a gasser indeed.

We took the car/boat up along lake superior to go out west, no issues at all.  Yes it spent alot of time in 3rd gear, but I could hold 100km/h up all the hills no problem.  The diesels must just live for that sort of pain.

For a total of 5 bolts the hitch is suprisingly robust and I havn't seen any damage to the spare wheel well yet.  My dad has got the same hitch and tows around 2200lbs all through the summer when he and mom have teh T@B trailer on behind.  It is quite a sight.
2002 ford focme wagon