Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

Question about "full time boost" mod

(1/2) > >>

Topherdiesel:
So I went to do the fuel cutoff selenoid mod an my AAZ motor, and I also wanted to do the "permanent boost" mod, the one where you have to open the cover and use a tie wrap on a switch of some sort.

Only when I look at my injection pump, I do not seem to have the switch as SMOG does in his pictures???
it is simply not there, the spring and assembly for my throttle cable linkage are right basically where it looks like his switch is!

This is the mod I am talking about!

"1. It is necessary to unscrew the screws #1 and #2 and to withdraw the limit-switch. (you probably have a cover over), You can use tie-rap and fix the switch elsewhere (but it must remain open)

This modification makes it possible turbo to function full-time instead of compressing only when you ask for all the power. "

Basically, it all looks the same except the fact that i do not have the switch there, nor the cover.  

I have the silver ciorcular thing to the right of 1 and 2 in the picture, but to the left of mine, there is only throttle linkage?????

HELP!!!

DO i just not have this, cuz I could swear I hear my turbo spooling almost always?

QuickTD:
What year and model is your car? Most AAZ engines older than '94 don't have this switch. These cars have either a garret T2 or KKK K14 turbo and make boost full time, there is no changeover valve and no need for this mod.

Topherdiesel:
yep, mines a 93, so are all the other mods the same??

QuickTD:

--- Quote ---so are all the other mods the same??
--- End quote ---

Pretty much. With the exception of any mods dealing with boost adjustment. The T2 and the K14 both have non adjustable wastegate linkages, similar to the older 1.6TD units. You will need to use a bleed or a "dawes device" type of boost control to raise the boost pressure.

Topherdiesel:
How about a TURBOSMART Manual Boost Controller out of my old talon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version