Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

pump fuel settings

(1/1)

dieselpower:
ok,
my injection pump is maxed out, full load screw doesnt have that lock thing on it so its in farther than it could be able to stock. the idle screw is removed, sot hte linkage is resting on the pump housing.

anyway...i barely get any smoke at all at higher boost and rpms.
im only running about 15 intercooled psi.  and around 4500 rpm the car misses and bucks. i have a larger return orfice and other timing preload things done but anyway...how can i get more fuel at higher rpm and boost.
im trying an electric pre pump tommorw to see if that helps any but does anyone have any other suggestions??
thanks for any help

QuickTD:
Put the stock return orifice back in the pump. The larger return orifice will severely retard the timing due to the drop in housing pressure. The higher flow through the orifice will will also cause cavitation at the transfer pump inlet, which would explain your fuel starvation at high revs.

dieselpower:
hye,
ok thanks...ya i returhned the orfice back to normal but the throttle sticks and its hard to drive. but it smokes all the way through th rpm range and thanks...its a lil quicker now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version