Model Specific Questions and Info > MK1 Golf/Jetta and B1 Dasher

Thoughts on potential german rabbit barn find?

(1/4) > >>

oblique:

ORCoaster:
As nice as it appears from a distance, I would pass on it.  The mileage is low and the interior is nice but....

Those pinch welds are failing and there is a lot of rust on the bottom of the doors, seams, and possibly the fenders.  It just looks weak to me and I would think you would spend a lot of time getting the floor and such fixed only to have it be a continual rust bucket. 

Take your saved dollars elsewhere.  I say it is a blacker hole than most old Rabbits out there.

RustyCaddy:
Agree with Coaster about the car generally but the dash looks good and a rare find south of Canada.

oblique:
Issue is 2dr german rabbits do not come up very often...at all. And i do not want a westy rabbit. This one is one of the better examples that i have seen in years, metal work taken into account

ORCoaster:
I read an article about how the 2 dr models sort of went away after the mid 90s and are novel now.  People that collect them pay about 64% more for them.  Now granted, this was an article on Buicks and Cadillacs so it might be much different than a VW. 

I owned a two-door Rabbit, it was great for me as I needed the larger door to get in and out and I stripped out the back seat and made it all one level for transporting stuff rather than people. 

You didn't give us a price on it but I would put somewhere around 2.5-3 K on that one based on miles and interior condition.  I might be cheap/low on that but that is where I see it.  If you really need another Rabbit and really want to put the time into it, then who are we to stop you.   Rabbit Fever, I think it is called. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version