Model Specific Questions and Info > MK1 Golf/Jetta and B1 Dasher

1981 Rabbit Truck Stalls at Stop

<< < (2/3) > >>

ORCoaster:
What that looks like to me is a very long and not-so-sophisticated plug.   Normally at the end of that injector is a simple cap that seals the injector from spitting diesel out and all over the engine.  Replace it with a simple rubber cap that fits over the injector tightly.  You might get a 1/8-inch diameter on there. 

I just replaced the lines on the injectors today.  I found some fuel lines in the hardware store where they sell it for the weed whackers and lawnmowers.  I think it was 3 mm inside diameter and 7 mm on the outside.  Yellowish looking stuff but you can see bubbles in there if there are any. 

fatmobile:
 You need to know for sure you have clear fuel lines.
Going into and the leaving the pump.
Cheap hardware store clear, flexible (for awhile) vinyl will work great, 1/4".
2ft from filter to pump, and I think it was 3ft from pump back to the metal tank return line. Sooo 6ft.

Looks like the cold start cable was just clipped off,..
like something they would do on a junkyard engine when they removed it.

Hmm is this a TD engine. It has the thing to clamp the CCV hose to on the valve cover.
 I also don't see any valve cover bolts/studs.
I'm not familiar with the AAZ but something about that valve cover,...???

paradisenwfl:
I have found a solution to the stalling at stop.  I found that the truck would also stall when sitting in neutral after it warmed up.  I increased the idle speed to just after it wants to stall.  So far so good.  It just might be a band aid to another issue though.

ORCoaster:
yeah, you don't want it so low that the engine shakes around in the bay.  But you also don't want it screaming at the lights as you wait for them to change.

RabbitJockey:
that is definitely a 1.9 aaz or 1y head.

you either have a 1.9l engine or a 1.6 with a 1.9 head

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version