Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2837 times)

May 10, 2023, 03:12:15 pm

canuck351

Introduction
« on: May 10, 2023, 03:12:15 pm »
Hello everyone I am grateful to be a new member, all roads VW seem to lead here, I have been looking around and I am learning lots from the great knowledge base here.
I bought a couple AAZ Jetta's and an adapter to do a TD swap into one of my Toyota Pickups. I want to keep things simple and don't need crazy hp. just want something reliable and economical would be nice.
The first thing I have found is VW parts are not as easy to find as 22RE stuff any suggestions where I can source things like gaskets, seals, and maybe pistons, rings and bearings, what's good and what to avoid?
I have already contacted Giles about a performance pump rebuild and injectors but can't find anyone VW machine shop wise in my area (British Columbia)
I would appreciate any help or suggestions offered.

Thanks Steve

94 jetta
95 jetta
85 Toyota Pickup

Reply #1May 10, 2023, 09:26:24 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 09:26:24 pm »
Always good to see new members joining us.

I buy a lot of my VW parts from Rock Auto.  Parts Place Inc in Warren, Michigan is on my *** list right now but they "say" they have a lot of them.  Actually, they do but I am pissed at them now and would only give them a one-star rating.

Other places I have purchased from in the past are MK1 Auto and Autohauz in AZ.  I am not sure of the status of those two places but they do have an internet site, word is they are non-responsive at this time or were a bit ago.

Hope that gets you started on your project.  Don't sniff the diesel. 

Reply #2May 13, 2023, 08:59:38 pm

RustyCaddy

• Veteran

Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 08:59:38 pm »
Made a purchase from Autohauz online a few months ago, may be something has changed since then?

S-PAutomotive.com