Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: FS: parting out AAZ engine  (Read 2392 times)

December 14, 2022, 11:26:32 pm

oblique

• Veteran

FS: parting out AAZ engine
« on: December 14, 2022, 11:26:32 pm »
This is a junkyard engine. Based on the documentation I found in the car and general condition it appears that its been sitting since 2010 after a head and timing belt service after a timing belt break. Based on how easily the head was to clean I assume it has been sitting since shortly after the work. Clutch is like new. Fuel system components have been spoken for locally. I am missing the IP bracket, IS pulley and AC compressor - I have most everything else (brackets, hardware, accessories).

Block. Has a nick between 3&4 and a stuck PS bracket bolt as pictured. All other fasteners came out cleanly. I measured protrusion to be between 0.72 and .78 across all cylinders. I did not notice any other damage.

Head. Typical cracks between valves. No other cracks that I can see. Cam, lifters look very good.

Trans. DFP. Shifted fine in the car, shifts fine by hand outside the car.

Spare AAZ head available - not as nice as this one - precups show hairline cracks, cam lobes look a bit more worn. No other cracks, all threads intact, etc etc.

I've thought about keeping this but Im going to stick with 1.6. I like mk2's much more than mk3's and parts are more plentiful.
Located in Toronto. I cross the border to my PO box near Buffalo often enough so something could potentially be worked out. I will not be shipping the block unless you work it out with a local party - I can drop off at a truck stop or depot but thats it. Hesitant to ship crankshaft and/or heads but that can potentially be done, lots of labour to package those properly.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:58:21 pm by oblique »

Fixmyvw.com