General Information > Troubleshooting

1.6TD runaway problem

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dennis Froelich:
I would say yes to that.

Too bad you can't get some automatic transmission fluid in the pump or some brand of diesel cleaner... Diesel purge maybe?
Hopefully someone else will chime in here on this topic.

MartiM:
I could drain the pump and fill it with ATF or what ever. And i should just let it sit like that for a day or two and then drain and fill with diesel and try to start again?

Dennis Froelich:
It is worth a shot to try. Let it sit for a couple of days and see what happens.
It really sounds like it is gummed up from sitting for a while. Like the governor in the pump is stuck open.

MartiM:
Governor shaft was moving, also the gas shaft. But ill try to get my hands on that diesel cleaner stuff, i dont think atf will do it.

ORCoaster:
Does the turbo pump you have installed have that lever on the back that attaches to the cold start cable and linkage?  Your idle adjustment is there on the right side of that rocker if I am remembering it right.  Maybe that rocker is stuck as well.  Try some WD 40 or other penetrating oil and get it to move to and fro. 

Once it is loose, start the beast and see if it still roars like a lion.  If so, shut down and back the screw off a bunch and try again. 

Those are my thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version