General Information > Troubleshooting

1.6TD runaway problem

(1/3) > >>

MartiM:
Long story short, engine starts and rpm goes to max instantly.Fuel screw should be in basic setting. Turbo is not connected so its not oil fumes. Pump is not stuck (Gov shaft and throttle shaft are moving freely. Cam, crank, pump timing is correct. Engine has not run for few years and i dont know what else to look. Can the problem be in lower section of the pump? If im correct then the pump was filled with diesel when it sat for few years, theres no rust and pump seems clean inside.

Dennis Froelich:
Possibility of blowby because the piston rings may be stuck or shot? How many miles are on the engine?
Just a thought!!

MartiM:
Thank you for fast reply. Im not sure about mileage. Im guessing around 300k/km. But the engine has been sitting for few years. There is white smoke when it starts but if it is blow by then the engine should not stop after fuel solenoid shuts am i right?

Dennis Froelich:
If you kill the power to the pump and it stops the engine, the problem is the pump I would think.
Sounds like something is stuck in the pump if that is the case.

MartiM:
But the parts what i can see when removing top cover of the pump are all good, everything seems to be okay and moving, not stuck. Could the issue be on the lower side of the pump?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version