S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Dynamic oil pressure system question  (Read 978 times)

August 21, 2022, 05:45:47 pm

33B

• Junior

• Personal Text
    Bosnian with a money pit aka VW Passat 1987
Dynamic oil pressure system question
« on: August 21, 2022, 05:45:47 pm »
1987 Passat 1.6 TD CY engine

So this never worked in my car. When someone dropped a NA 1.6 in this car they cut the yellow high pressure wire.
Since then I've reinstalled the turbo with all the original parts oil filter housing oil cooler etc.

I reconnected the yellow wire to the high pressure sender and it goes to the cluster, at first I thought there was no dynamic oil ... board in there but I discovered there is.
So could it be that the board is dead or is there a relay that controls this thing?

Also is there a difference between a gas and diesel Dynamic.. board (i have a suspicion that this is a gas board/kmh gauge)?

I've tried unhooking the yellow wire and holding it over 2k rpm, but like I said it was always disconnected.
And yes there is a signal from the W terminal from the alternator, also the low pressure sensor is working fine.

Thanks

1987 Passat B2 (33B)- 1.6TD JR, Audi 80 b4 front suspension and power steering. 280mm brake discs with 54mm calipers front. Rear MK3 disc setup with golf mk5 calipers.

Reply #1September 12, 2022, 08:24:29 am

Tomoturbo55

• Junior

Re: Dynamic oil pressure system question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 08:24:29 am »
I think the board is fried, systems reads rpm either from coil od w terminal, if u Would cut yellow wire the systems Would Buzz all the time cause it has no ground it need ground to stop buzzing,

I dont know about the tacho diffrences and effect it might have gas vs diesel.

S-PAutomotive.com