Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

CE2 resistors on cluster

(1/6) > >>

oblique:
I found a burnt resistor after pulling my cluster, could explain why my tach is out. Its the one just under the voltage regulator - its so burnt i cant make out the stripes...anyone have a pic I can use for refernce?

ORCoaster:
I might be able to get you a value from a cluster I have.  It may be a CE1 though.  Are all the other resistors of a similar value?  Seems like the MK clusters I work on have the same resistor all along the bottom. 

fatmobile:
There might be some info in the thread about converting the gasser tach to work on the diesel but I can't seem to find that thread in the FAQs.
 I know it's there but search didn't provide any results.

ORCoaster:
That FAQ will give you resistor values that are on the tach itself but not that one on the board where he mentions it.  I will see what I can find on a CE 1 cluster I think is handy in the downstairs shop.

ORCoaster:
Oblique,  I looked at the back of the cluster I have and the voltage regulator is above the speedo and the foil wraps over the top towards the lights.  Is this what you have?

The small resistor on the end is a red, red, black lined one meaning it is a 22-ohm resistor.

The next in line is a diode, then two more resistors that have an orange, red, and orange banding with a 5% gold band at the end.

Those would value out to be 32 K ohms if I am reading the bands and conversion chart correctly. 

If your setup is different shoot a picture of it and post it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version