General Information > General

Pretty dismal

(1/5) > >>

ORCoaster:
I had an experiment going in my mind about how many new posts we would get in the first half of the month.  In the last 13 days we have had TWO.  That doesn't seem like a very active forum. 

The stats page is lying about posts per day by the way.  I think it is an average over the time the forum has been around.

Oh, and all those new users?  99.5% are spammers and we keep whacking them back every night.  So they do show up in the log but are not actually registered as users.  We ban their IP or at least the one they are spoofing us with. 

Dang, this post will count as a new post.  But I couldn't help myself.

libbydiesel:
Yeah, not much activity.  It is amazing to me how all the traffic has moved to venues that absolutely suck for relaying this kind of information. 

RustyCaddy:
Seems that there just aren't many MK1 and MK2 "survivors" out there anymore on the street. Not so many tuners as there use to be.

Back in a day the high cost of diesel and the interest in biofuel seemed to be a big draw for new users to the forum, that was maybe 2006-2008ish.  Many of the biofuel boards have shut down the last few years.

It could be that i have this all wrong.

Thanks for all you do to keep this old forum going. It must take a lot of your time.

libbydiesel:
Last time I looked, the VWDiesel facebook group was comparatively hopping despite it being a horrible venue for communication about technical information.

ORCoaster:
Yeah, the Facebook Groups all seem to be about selling something, or once in a while a problem to be solved.  Most want to show off their ride and this forum is not friendly to that sort of information exchange. 

I don't have this on my phone as I chose to be old school, gee owning a 1981 car do you think I would change. So I sit down with the laptop and a coffee after all is done for the day and try to relax some.

What knocks me out is that we get hammered by folks trying to join as someone else.  I don't understand that process.  I am too much of the logic driven technocrat.  Thus, I drive a VW of course. 

Enjoy the weekend.  We are looking at a good one finally.  Maybe a bit breezy but that is to be expected along the coast. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version