Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

AC system Questions

(1/3) > >>

93Ford:
Ok after doing some research i believe someone tried to put a mk1 ac system into my mk2. The mk2 has the evap lines coming out of the firewall and into the expansion valve but my car has none of that instead the ac lines go into the firewall and i guess connect to the evap. Should i even try to use this cobled together system or should i try and get the factory parts and redo the whole thing. I have no idea if the system has an expansion valve or orfice tube in it somewhere. One of the lines from the firewall goes to the drivers side of the car into the dryer which has the r134 high pressure port. Then also on the drivers side it goes from the dryer to the condensor then to the compressor. Theres another big line that goes from the compressor to the evap i think this is the line thats supposed to have the low pressure port on it but doesnt.

93Ford:
On the oem system there are 2 switches the the hose going from the compressor to the condensor i imagine one is the cycle switch but what is the other switch and what are the part numbers.

93Ford:
Is there parts from a newer vehicle thatll work or can be easily made to work for these old cars. It seems parts for the ac system are getting hard to find or they dont make at all anymore like the ac hoses was hoping to find some newer readily available parts thatll work with it.

93Ford:
I guess not to many people deal with the ac systems in these cars. From what i can tell the ac lines go into the cab and if the guy did use a mk1 evap then the expansion valve should be in there right. It seems those switches i was looking at are really just safety switches i could just use the vintage air dryer with the single safety switch on it and thatll solve that problem. I finally managed to find someone local that can install a low pressure port after that i thing that should be all i need to get it working.

93Ford:
How much of a job is it to get to the evaporator in the dash i would like to confirm weather or not theres the expansion valve in there. Is there any good videos or writups with pictures that show the process of getting in there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version