Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

Suspension upgrade

<< < (2/2)

ORCoaster:
I ran that 2-inch piece of extra pipe on my Rabbit 2 door and I really liked it for the extra clearance when I would tend to overload it with things I thought I had to take on the trip. 

93Ford:

--- Quote from: fatmobile on May 19, 2022, 10:17:58 pm --- Glad to hear it's running and moving.
  So you got the AC/alternator parts  sent?

I like to put a 2" spacer on the rear shock so it doesn't ride too low with a load.
 Usually a spring seat with a 2" piece of exhaust pipe, then the real spring seat on top of that.

--- End quote ---
Yea i got all the parts. I had to order a new alternator as i didnt have the right one but it uses almost no power driving around and i put a big battery in it so its fine for now. Its seems to drive good, theres no play in the steering it goes straight and it shifts nice and smooth. Im very impressed with how slow the car is i didnt think it was possible to floor it and still be going that slow.

93Ford:
I got plenty of pipe ill try putting a 2 in spacer in there i imagine itll definetly help. Odds are theres always going to be some stuff in it loading it down

fatmobile:
Yeah, even with the stock turbo it will be slow.
 A VNT-15 really wakes it up though.

93Ford:
yea, this is just na and even flooring it at a low rpm theres no smoke at all so i think it can be turned up a little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version