General Information > General

What the Heck?!

(1/1)

ORCoaster:
I was heading out of town this morning for the valley to do some tool shopping so I stopped for a top off on the fuel tank.

Gas was 4.60 a gallon as I expected it was up during this recent hubbub. 

I wasn't driving my diesel as it has a questionable head gasket and I didn't care to get stranded today.  I did however notice that the price of the magic diesel at the moment is 5.70!!!!

When did the price separate by such leaps and bounds?  Then the second question is why?

I have not heard or read why diesel would be so high compared to other fuels.  Does anyone care to offer a logical explanation or is that an oxymoron for this topic?

Dennis Froelich:
Stupidity...

libbydiesel:
I think it probably has to do with reduced stock availability coming from Russia and also the yearly winter rise due to home heating oil consumption.  It's still several orders of magnitude cheaper than the feed and upkeep for horses.  Probably the BEST THING would be for the price to go MUCH higher and actually get people to consider the usage.

srgtlord:
Greed usually fuels the price hikes. Im betting a box of doughnuts the oil companies will post record profits again this year

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version