Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

Internal pump preassure

(1/5) > >>

Tomoturbo55:
I know that is talked about but something is wrong i had two testing pumps thet was kinda worn out and old so i tried all sorts of stuff, so when i tried to increasse pump preassure but on both pumps when i hit regulatin valve both times pump would let fuel back to tank, i time my pumps by ear, right before clatter, so when increassed preassure gave me more timing i retime it had more power i gr8 fuel economy compered to before, i hit regulating valve til i have about 0.5 liters of diesel a minute on the return fuel line on idle. Is there anywhere else i can increasse internal preassure because my regulating valve goes bad every time and even the swaping to new valve the pump is like going bad.

Next problem is governor mod, watched the thread carefuly did all good shimmed main spring about 5mm and now my rpms hang badly when im over 3k rpms it just goes on i have to shut down the car till it goes down. Tried adjsuting lever, residual screw, fuel screw very little improwment.

fatmobile:
What spring did you replace with shims for the governor mod?

Tomoturbo55:
The big one i didnt replace it i put shims before her then the spring.

fatmobile:
I replace the small weak spring with shims.
 Until they take up the slack.

Tomoturbo55:
Thats the middle one or the big one?  Everybody said main spring the big one is the one to shim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version