Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Thanksgiving 2021  (Read 3365 times)

November 25, 2021, 04:27:22 pm

Dakotakid

• Veteran

Thanksgiving 2021
« on: November 25, 2021, 04:27:22 pm »
Glad to be breathing. Glad to be walking.

Spending a LOT of time inside Mk. II's lately. I really hate my newer cars with their lack of ground clearance and such. But, commanding one of the ALH engines is a whole different deal than the older stuff. The ALH's always have more on tap. I have never really found the upper limits on any of the three.....have had them all in triple digits multiple times. But, the top end? NO.

Truly have a lot to be thankful for this fall. In April, I had corrective surgery to my right foot. Seemed simple enough. The physician took out the stitches a bit early as he was getting total-knee replacement surgery. All was going well.

My foot got infected. Totally went nuts. I was in hosp. 15 days. First 8 days, it was a mystery whether or not I would be keeping the foot. I have never been in a situation where 3 grams of morphine would not remotely cut any pain. But, I was there.

Fentanyl was the only thing which helped....but, only got that twice after each of the 4 surgeries. By the way, I can clearly see where getting addicted to fent. would be very easy.

I am a graduate of Occupational therapy and have a bsn nursing. I knew I was in trouble. However, there are times when "knowing" does not help. I have worked with quite a few amputees. I knew the long road ahead if the worst was to occur.

Ending up keeping the foot. However, truly am partially disabled for life. Not happy about it. But, I have resumed pretty much everything I do.....some things are harder now.

So, this Thanksgiving has meaning. Living in "Let's go Brandon" new world. Tried to save money and did not buy a turkey this year. Had sparrow instead. Still hungry.

The mask and the shot(s) are actually an IQ test. If you are wearing or circulating, you just failed the test. I can't feel sorry for you.

Reply #1November 26, 2021, 12:00:25 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: Thanksgiving 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 12:00:25 am »
Man, I am sorry to be reading this about you. 

You have the right attitude about life. 

We did lentil patties with homemade cranberry sauce. 

We did have a bird at the table but not a lot to eat on a Cockatiel.  Besides he flys away at the least gesture with the hand like you are going to catch him.

Reply #2November 27, 2021, 11:24:00 pm

scrounger

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Big MO
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 11:24:00 pm »
So glad that you have a foot, even if imperfect, that is something to be thankful for.

We decided about 10 years ago that the only way we would survive retirement was to move somewhere where we could be as least partially self sufficient.
M2 Jetta TD.  Northern Missouri

Reply #3June 23, 2022, 05:17:29 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 05:17:29 pm »
Sorry to hear about that. I hope you keep improving.
'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.
Watch: AGENDA, GRINDING AMERICA DOWN