S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: New car- New Challange  (Read 2275 times)

October 18, 2021, 01:42:43 am

icetuto

New car- New Challange
« on: October 18, 2021, 01:42:43 am »
Dear friends, I just bought another car ::) this one's already a M-tdi converted AFN. Bought it 2 months ago and after a lot of digging between 2004 and 2021, post on here and all over facebook and another forums I have so many question that can't be answered....

Mechanical Mods:
1.6 GTD Pump Super fixed LDA
11mm head
Race Injectors +180%
Sach Racing Clutch
KKK14 Turbo
Stock Intercooler from the 1.6 GTD

Car: 1988 golf mk2

I will post some pictures of the car as soon as I leave from work but for now I hope you guys have some help to spare:

1- Can I achieve (Real)200hp on this platform? If so... i Believe I need a bigger pump right? (Rover TDI most common) or should I upgrade to a 12mm head?

2- What turbo should I get? I have a kkk14 and it spools around 3k rpm I think thats a bit to late no? its peaking 1.7Bar ( too much for my liking ) and the old owner removed it's wastegate so ....  ::) ::) I have a small pipe linked from the top of the pump head to the turbo and back to the VDO Boost Gauge

3- I think the car needs more fuel... I've seen so many pumps and threads on this forum, but how should I do the tuning? what screws and how many turns? ( 1.6GTD PUMP)

4- 1st and 2nd gear, no boost at all... no smoke...  very short gear ratios probably ? since it has the 4S or 4T transmission? ( Correct me if I'm wrong here ) but 5th cuts at 180km/h, but overall when it starts creating boost I have to shift. 3rd shift up is magical for an 88 car

5- Gearbox rations... Should I do a ggu gearbox swap? or an asd? Guess I need the gearbox and adapt all kinds of stuff due to being and hidraulic swap right? and a new clutch right?

That's all folks Hope to get some help
Best Regards!

Reply #1November 04, 2021, 09:19:02 pm

icetuto

Re: New car- New Challange
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 09:19:02 pm »
UP any help?

Reply #2November 05, 2021, 10:50:14 am

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

Re: New car- New Challange
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 10:50:14 am »
A 1.6TD pump is VERY BAD for a starting point for an mTDI.  The camplate is completely wrong.  The advance curve is completely wrong.  There are other less major issues also.  Get a VW LT28 pump or a Land Rover 300TDI.  There are some others.  That would be step 1.  Any of the other mods are silly with a 1.6TD pump.  Getting race injectors with that pump is like getting a rear spoiler when you have a completely flat tire.   
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:51:46 am by libbydiesel »

S-PAutomotive.com