General Information > Troubleshooting

Wondering why AAZ would spin up to 2200 rpm idle on 90 degree (F) days..

<< < (2/3) > >>

libbydiesel:
If it has the JX pump, then it does not have the fast idle cold start setup.  The accelerator lever stop screw that runs horizontally at the back of the pump is the idle screw.  Try turning it down a little so the accelerator lever can travel a little farther. 

Ohiobenz:
Posting pics on here requires that they are posted elsewhere so you can provide a link.
It's obnoxious and ancient IMO.

Vandoka:
Hi All,
Just wanted to update this topic because the issue has not been resolved by changing the idle screw. Just to refresh this is an original 1.6 td injection pump fitted to an AAZ. The motor runs well during winter months but as the air gets warm, even just over 60 degree F. The motor may intermittently rev high when the clutch is depressed. This may be after driving along at 1500 rpm, 30-35 mph range. If the motor is showing signs of this increased rpm I can depress the clutch and the motor quickly ascends to 2000 rpm. It may stay that way for a moment, 5 seconds, then it descends. 

Any other options for troubleshooting? The fuel lines and fuel filter are new, motor and pump are newly rebuilt. It fires up and idles smooth so I think it is something to do with the increase in temps.

fatmobile:
Got some white smoke?
 Got clear fuel lines?

Sometimes it's fuel left over after the burn, caused by pissing injector.
 Sometimes the fuel is turned up too high and the RPMs will hang.

Vandoka:
Hey Fatmobile thanks for the note. I do not have any white smoke and the fuel lines are clear with no air. I will look into the fuel screw being turned up too high and see if that resolves the issue. With summer almost here the motor is doing the rev. thing again after driving a few thousand miles during the winter without any of the heat symptoms I am seeing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version