Author Topic: Need some pump help with my AAZ  (Read 7547 times)

October 20, 2020, 03:04:33 pm

Racecaddy

Need some pump help with my AAZ
« on: October 20, 2020, 03:04:33 pm »
I  am new to the vw  diesel world so I need help to get started with my funny little car
have a Passat 1,9 td 1996 and this engine is going in my mk1 rabbit now to the problems. Some guys say you can take the pump head 12mm from the vp37 and putting in my pump . Can I .?  And what more could I do to the pump to get more power out

Or can I buy a vp37 pump and use it what is easiest for me?

What injectors do you guys think I should be using?

Reply #1October 20, 2020, 05:40:04 pm

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

Re: Need some pump help with my AAZ
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 05:40:04 pm »
You should use the AAZ injectors in an AAZ.  Nozzle changes do not have the same effects as nozzle changes on the TDI engines.

A 12mm pump is total overkill for an AAZ.  If you are actually using enough fuel to make it meaningful the engine will not last long at all. 

Can you use an electronic vp37 pump on an AAZ?  It might be possible to fit the electronic engine management from a 1Z or AHU onto an AAZ and run the pump, but it would be zero bang for a LOT of buck. 

Reply #2October 25, 2020, 02:37:53 pm

Racecaddy

Re: Need some pump help with my AAZ
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:37:53 pm »
You should use the AAZ injectors in an AAZ.  Nozzle changes do not have the same effects as nozzle changes on the TDI engines.

A 12mm pump is total overkill for an AAZ.  If you are actually using enough fuel to make it meaningful the engine will not last long at all. 

Can you use an electronic vp37 pump on an AAZ?  It might be possible to fit the electronic engine management from a 1Z or AHU onto an AAZ and run the pump, but it would be zero bang for a LOT of buck.

What is the best to get it funny and fast then

S-PAutomotive.com