Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: 1999.5 Golf ALH TDI - idles but that's it  (Read 4933 times)

July 10, 2020, 08:32:09 pm

SR Heer

• Junior

1999.5 Golf ALH TDI - idles but that's it
« on: July 10, 2020, 08:32:09 pm »
I have a 1999.5 Golf TDI which has sat for quite a few years due to a very slight head gasket leak of compression into cooling system - after I drove it home from San Antonio to Houston some 200 miles I notice a bit of coolant coming out of the overflow on way home and when I asked the PO about it and he said - Oh that's the head gasket we put on - it just needs another one - i am thinking OK now wouldn't that have been nice to know before I purchased it - but I don't call people out I just take it as my responsibility to deal with it since I was the one who bought it - my eyes were bigger than my stomach - lol - ok now for the short story - it is hard to start and when it does it just idles - no above idle speeds throwing three codes  17970 - 16485 - 17656                                                                                 
17970 - Quantity Adjuster ( N146) Upper Limit Reached                   
                              (intermittent)                                                      16485 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) Implausible Signal                                       17656 - Injection Start Regulation Control Deviation                                           
                             (intermittent)                                                                                             I am wondering since it sat and the non beyond idle RPM happened after it sat - maybe something got gummed up in the injection pump? When I have replaced top injection pump O ring gasket I have noticed a variable type sensor - I think it has to do with IQ settings - would that or something else in the upper two top sections of IP that relates to foot feed input need cleaning?

97 Passat 1Z, 98 Jetta AHU, 91 Jetta AAZ TD, and 81 Rabbit Pickup

S-PAutomotive.com