S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Fuel pump on AAZ engine doesn't compensate RPM loss  (Read 1061 times)

January 01, 2021, 07:14:49 am

bencuri

Fuel pump on AAZ engine doesn't compensate RPM loss
« on: January 01, 2021, 07:14:49 am »
I have a problem with my car's AAZ engine and its fuel pump (bosch VE 0460494286 VE R 433). When the fans of the cooler matrix in the front of the car switche on, they draw so much power that the rpm of the engine drops back with -100 or so. It is a significant loss in case the idle is set to 900. My fuel pump has an electronic idle rpm regulator unit (marked with red on the photo), that is faulty at the moment, so recently I set the idle manually with a wire from the dashboard (green arrow on the photo). The car came with the unit being faulty, so I have never seen how it functions. I thought that in case I replace the idle control unit, it will compensate the rpm loss. But someone told me that unit is only there for cold starts, and once the engine is hot, it won't function, and any rpm loss during driving should be compensated by the fuel pump itself. Now I cannot decide whether to repair the idle control unit, or, try to fix the pump? In case it is the pump's responsibility to compensate the rpm loss, how can I tweak it to do it properly? Which screw should I set? See a photo below of the faulty idle control part and the pump so you can see what I meant above.

Fixmyvw.com