General Information > Upgrades (non engine related )

Pushbar for the Caddy

<< < (3/3)

RustyCaddy:
Excellent about the lighting, sounds like a smart investment.  Really like the relay idea too; a user (RIP) had posted about relaying the driving lights so they would turn off when the ignition switch was in the off position and wondering if what you did might have had that additional benefit?  i am not to good with wiring concepts.

ORCoaster:
To kill the power to the switch from the ignition would be a similar deal.  Just the reverse however.  You would have to have the ignition switch on to send power to a relay that would then send power to the headlight switch.  Hmm, maybe I need that mod as I don't have the buzzer that works with the door switches. 

That is another way to do it as that switch is sending a signal to the light in the cab and you can pick that up an have it turn on a buzzer.  I hate to have the buzzer going when the doors are open and the keys are in the ignition.  I do too much work with them plugged in there.  So maybe the kill if no ignition is my best solution for turning the headlights off when I pull the key, and forget to push the knob.

RustyCaddy:
That makes sense.  Hoping to have some rainy weather garage time soon., will give it a try and report back when completed (or failed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version