S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: 2013 jetta Diesel Wont start  (Read 2492 times)

October 13, 2019, 08:33:12 pm

mojotheamazing

2013 jetta Diesel Wont start
« on: October 13, 2019, 08:33:12 pm »
Hey all, first time poster.
My GF Diesel, seems to turn over but wont start.  She says it has been happening over the past month but she has been able to get it to start after trying for a bit.  Oil seems on the low end but still ok.  Checked the fuses.

My searches have me thinking it might be a fuel pump issue or fuel pump relay, but I really dont know.
Here is a video, any help would be appreciated.

I put a video on youtube, but it wont let me link.  It is titled 2013 jetta diesel won't start.

Thanks

Reply #1October 29, 2019, 10:33:09 am

Majorpardo

Re: 2013 jetta Diesel Wont start
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 10:33:09 am »
Ok, 130 views and not one response yet. Is this forum very active anymore? Sorry, I haven’t got a clue about your newer tdi. But the fuel sounds worth following up on. I’m inquiring about troubleshooting a idi that smokes a lot and what to check first when getting a old diesel. Good luck. Maybe you can post what fixed your tdi.

Reply #2October 29, 2019, 10:32:25 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: 2013 jetta Diesel Wont start
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:32:25 pm »
Forum is not dead but seems to be moving like an old man since we had the attack of the bots a few months back. 
Then we have also lost some folks to moving on and away from builds, mods and troubleshooting others VW's.

I think most of those viewing are outsiders reading for information and not really wanting to become members.  They don't think they know enough about doing mechanic work to contribute in that manner.  So that may be why you see the numbers but NO answers. 

Personally I don't do GTI stuff, I am limited to IDI.  But in a lot of cases the TDI problems, like a poor start are near the same as IDI.  Fuses, Glow Plugs and relays control all that. 

Another thing I have noticed is that many times the OP could have found the answer if they used the search feature on this forum.  Many just ask the same questions that have been answered in a number of other questions.  That is the first place to start not the last. 

Sorry getting Rant like now.  Time to go.

Fixmyvw.com