S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Source for a good pump  (Read 2651 times)

July 23, 2019, 09:21:09 pm

Darce

Source for a good pump
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:21:09 pm »
Hello!
I am wondering if anybody has any suggested sellers on eBay-uk for a LR 0460414099 pump?  Also maybe there are sellers to avoid?  I don't wanna get taken for a ride.  I would rather buy from somebody local but maybe thats not an option...I haven't tried my local diesel pump shop yet.  I thought I'd ask here first.  Of course I want the most pump for the least money lol but I understand buying quality once vs rebuilding junk.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:24:57 pm by Darce »

Reply #1July 25, 2019, 10:19:45 am

Dino

• User+

Re: Source for a good pump
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:19:45 am »
Hello.
I can't understand why old used pumps from scrap are  expensive. There is no warranty that it's still working or that it can be rebuilt at the least.
Why that pump code? Is that better than other Land Rover pumps for the conversion on TDI engines?
What is your engine?
I hope you can report good news from your local diesel pump shop. Many wishes for the  pump searching.Good luck!

Reply #2July 25, 2019, 06:16:34 pm

Darce

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 06:16:34 pm »
Thank you for the response.

I am converting an 2001 Jetta ALH for a 3rd gen 4Runner build.  I ran across that part# in my searches and thats the only reason I listed it.  I got an email from a fellow who can build me a pump but is asking that I send him my TDI pump, an AAZ core and 1.6 core plus $1500.  Or of course I can just send more money.  I don't doubt the quality of the pump, it just seems like a lot of cash for what I want to do.  I could just keep the ecu headaches and it would save me almost $2K.  If I could find the correct Land Rover or equivalent pump and save a bundle that would be great.     

Is there another LR pump part# that is better suited for an ALH?  I guess I need to also look into the Cummins 4bt pump as that would be local...

Reply #3July 26, 2019, 09:13:12 am

Dino

• User+

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 09:13:12 am »
Hello.
I don't know what's the best  Land Rover pump. That's why I asked you about the number.
I found that code on ebay from an U.K. vendor.It's a rebuilding service and if you don't send it the core there will be a 200 pound surcharged.
I found the same pump on sale in Uzbekistan but it can cost 150 or 300 dollars.
They're easy to find but always expensive.
You can look for a Ford Transit pump but they cost the same.
Once upon a time a mechanical pump wasn't expensive, now you can find a TDI donor car for less...
If you have all the working parts for the elctronic pump you'll save money at the cost of headaches.
Ask for a customized Cummins 4BT pump, I'm curious.
Somewhere there's an old post about a pump service in Ohio where they offered a pump using the Cummins one. I don't rember the price,500 dollars possible?
Probably I'm wrong about the price and other infos.
I think the user who talked about the pump service is "hillfolk'r".

Reply #4August 04, 2019, 03:08:07 am

fatmobile

• Veteran

• http://www.geocities.com/vwfatmobile/
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 03:08:07 am »
I think the 4BT works best with the AHU engine and bracket.
And different springs need to be used inside to get he RPM curve right.
 The alh might need to be machined to fit the diameter and shaft length.
Tornado red, '91 Golf 4 door,
with a re-ringed, '84 quantum, turbo diesel, MD block

Fixmyvw.com