Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

crankcase pressure

(1/2) > >>

dieselpower:
hey,
i have high crankcase pressure when driving. removed the govenor and whenever i drive hard the dipstick pops outta the tube. is there anyway to vent crankcase pressure on the older 1.6td's?
thanks for the help

racer_x:
There should be a vent hose from the valve cover that goes somewhere into the intake plumbing. Check for a clogged screen in the valve cover, or pinched or clogged vent hoses.

dieselpower:
that opening is venting to the atmoshpere with a hose. I doubt there is much restriction in it but i'll check it out tonite.
thanks for the help

chrissev:

--- Quote from: "dieselpower" ---that opening is venting to the atmoshpere with a hose. I doubt there is much restriction in it but i'll check it out tonite.
thanks for the help
--- End quote ---

someone probably vented it then.  Usually it goes into the air intake.  The problem you might have is bad rings and excessive blow by, especially if you are running a turbo.  Might be time for a quickie glaze bust and new ring installation job.

dieselpower:
ya i vented it. anyway theres a blockoff plate on the front of the engine, the gassers had a fitting there that went to the top vent. im thinking about drilling a hole in that and running a hose up to the top tube. does anyone see any problems with this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version