S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: stupid fre%$#&%ing SF drivers  (Read 3561 times)

June 15, 2006, 10:38:36 pm

moosiah

• Junior

stupid fre%$#&%ing SF drivers
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:38:36 pm »
Well I was driving back to the Island wed from lunch and some dufuss in his new ford ranger pic em up truck decided to do a U turn from the curb across 4 lanes of road ( right in front of a big sign that says NO U TURNS ) right in front of me .......... If I had been in the moosemobile( ford 1 ton diesel van ) I would have plowed right tru his driver's side door................ As it was I turned right and missed most of him ,,,,,,  his bumper poked out the headlite and his fender went over my hood while my bumper hooked in front of his left tire........ 19 yrs old and had his truck 3 days....... to go w his 3 day old carpenter's union card............. I spent all sat at pic an pull rancho codova getting a hood  fender  headlite bucket   bumper  GRILL ........ I'm so pissed.:x

That's right, every day I commute from The Valley of The Moon to Treasure Island....... really..... :lol:

'81 Frankenbunny: part rabbit, sirroco, golf ,caddy cabrio ,jedda and ! ford teimpo! w a little more Audi and soon some Peogeot too!!!!

Reply #1June 27, 2006, 11:06:17 pm

moosiah

• Junior

Dumb s%#$t SF drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:06:17 pm »
So the Insurance thieves called and offered 750 for the Frankenbunny....... and I would be 'allowed' to buy it back for what picanpul would pay for it ,,,,, and THEN  I'd have to go with a salvage title,, the same as if I welded 4 corners of other dead bunnys into 1 car ...... this also means that if you try to sell your car some day .......don't expect to get any thing for it...... so I said that all I wanted was 300 for parts and paint....... no deal.... so I told them to stuff it and hung up on them :evil:
I just drove it from tvotm  half way across Nevada sunday night to look for the tripod that I was sure that my son , the devil child, left at the shooting range last wkend........ only to find it in my living room this morning.... YippEE !!!!!  saved $600 bucks . actually, it'd be easier to find another Israili marked M2 browning tripod than another 1.6 turbo motor..... go figure  :roll:  I should mount it in the back of the rabbit for one of those "I told you not to freacking tailgate me " or " you gona reposes WHOS car????" pictures......  :lol:
 Every day I drive from The Valley of The Moon to Treasure Island...
really   :wink:
'81 Frankenbunny: part rabbit, sirroco, golf ,caddy cabrio ,jedda and ! ford teimpo! w a little more Audi and soon some Peogeot too!!!!

Reply #2June 30, 2006, 11:46:48 pm

bhtooefr

• Veteran

• http://my.opera.com/bhtooefr
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 11:46:48 pm »
this also means that if you try to sell your car some day .......don't expect to get any thing for it......

Not necessarily.

It's a VW diesel.

eBayers don't care whether it's been hit by an asteroid, and is barely recognizable.

They'll still pay $2,000 for it. :lol:
1986 Volkswagen Golf | 1.6L NA diesel | 5spd manual | Deep Cosmic Blue (LE5C) | aack, it's a parts car, now, too!
1992 Mazda Miata | 1.6L DOHC gasser | 5spd manual | Classic Red (SU)

Reply #3July 01, 2006, 02:47:29 pm

MaxHedrm

• Junior

• blog
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 02:47:29 pm »
Quote from: bhtooefr

eBayers don't care whether it's been hit by an asteroid, and is barely recognizable.

They'll still pay $2,000 for it. :lol:

No kidding ... & competing against them to get a decent little VW is impossible.  :? That's why I ended up with a Jetta with a bad head gasket.

Seems odd that the ins wouldn't take the probably cheaper deal. Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

DRIVE: 2010 Golf TDI
DRIVE (less): 2001 TT Roadster

Reply #4July 14, 2006, 03:32:07 pm

moosiah

• Junior

Salvage????
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 03:32:07 pm »
Progressive Ins co just sent me a letter stating that whether I take the deal or not , they are notifing the cal highway patrol and DMV that my bunny has been "totaled" .........    :evil:  :evil:   I'm going to fight this.  I wonder if this is a part of Kalifornia's policy to remove all 82 and older cars (every yr I get a notice from DMV and cal epa that I own a 67 dodge van and they want to retire it to the crusher)  from the roads here......  :shock: that would mean I would have to get inspections for lights, mufflers, brakes and vin# ...... you guys back east are probaly saying we have to do that every yr!! BUT in the Kali peoples  republic they all differnt places and prices..........  not govt........  :cry: $$$$ I'm sick of living here.

bhtooefr: I'm really sorry to hear about your accident,, I'm happy to hear that your OK tho....... and goodluck w your next project VW .. :)

Every day I drive from The Valley Of The Moon to Treasure Isand. Really. Through Never-Never Land and Fairy Land. Honest...

Reply #5July 14, 2006, 04:50:43 pm

bhtooefr

• Veteran

• http://my.opera.com/bhtooefr
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 04:50:43 pm »
"Totalled" but not really?

Ship the mofo to some midwestern state. :lol:

They don't do inspections...
1986 Volkswagen Golf | 1.6L NA diesel | 5spd manual | Deep Cosmic Blue (LE5C) | aack, it's a parts car, now, too!
1992 Mazda Miata | 1.6L DOHC gasser | 5spd manual | Classic Red (SU)

S-PAutomotive.com