Author Topic: Jiffy Lube, Not good  (Read 3718 times)

June 10, 2006, 09:13:38 pm

Rat407

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants & Filtration Systems, Click Here
Wholesale pricing available!
1991 Jetta  ECO TD

Reply #1June 11, 2006, 06:51:44 am

745 turbogreasel

Jiffy Lube, Not good
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 06:51:44 am »
at least if they didnt try the job, you know they didn't screw it up....

Reply #2June 11, 2006, 01:35:28 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

Jiffy Lube, Not good
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 01:35:28 pm »
ive heard more horror stories about  loose drain plugs,filters left loose,,pressure senders cracked and leaking,from hitting against  them with a wrench,stuff like that,im changin my own oil till i go to the grave,that way i can only blame myself....now ill go read the rest of the link you posted

ok im back,iguess they wont break stuff,if they never did the work :roll: wow,shiesters man,givin us techs a bad rap,no wonder why i have to "calm" people down at work,and i always go out of my way to explain to customers  what repairs i performed,and i always show them the replaced parts,and the old parts removed,its my "cya" move
usually  they are so appreciative of me "taking time to explain and show the repair",they tip me..
i just tell them that not everyone is a crook,and some people wanna help you without ripping you off,theres still a few decent techs around
ive had jobs that take 10 mins to fix,but 20 mins to explain to the customer what i did,i feel this is my obligation as a tech to restore some trust in us ,so the customer doesnt feel like they are ripped off
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #3June 11, 2006, 03:12:02 pm

745 turbogreasel

Jiffy Lube, Not good
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:12:02 pm »
+1 for that, I'm pretty sure 60% of the reason people coome back to me is that I can explain what is happening with their car in  a language they understand.

Reply #4June 11, 2006, 11:46:57 pm

akrallysport

Jiffy Lube, Not good
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:46:57 pm »
We're lucky to have a dealer only a 15-min drive from home that we trust, and is known for their service. Not many times you can get a $700 clutch and tranny job at a dealer. However, we still do our oil changes ourselves, simply because we can do it on our schedule. We always buy Mann filters (or from the dealer) and fill it with Castrol for our gas cars, or Mobil Delvac or another synthetic that I get straight from Germany.

Reply #5June 12, 2006, 01:31:08 am

LeeG

• Veteran

Jiffy Lube, Not good
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 01:31:08 am »
10 mins to fix,but 20 mins to explain

explain what is happening with their car in a language they understand

There is the secret to success.  No matter how good a mechanic you are, the profit is in the customer relations.  The time spent explaining and being friendly pays back in repeat customers that learn to trust you and, once they do trust you wont need a lengthy explanation.  That has served me well, years ago fixin cars, now fixing computer stuff.
'97 Passat TDI

Reply #6June 12, 2006, 11:33:58 am

Kudagra

• Veteran

• www.no-coast.com
Jiffy Lube, Not good
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 11:33:58 am »
Thats southern Kalifornia for ya.
Turbo boost libido and passive restraints
And as of yet I haven't heard even a single complaint
I've got the tools of the trade and a fuel injected heart
Efficiency is beautiful, efficiency is art