Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Idiot of the day  (Read 2903 times)

May 22, 2006, 04:05:47 pm

lesharoturbo

• Junior

Idiot of the day
« on: May 22, 2006, 04:05:47 pm »
And the idiot of the day award goes too>>>>>>

ME!

I had to drop the tank on my Winnebago to replace some bad fuel lines.  This was no easy task as the tank is plastic, fits snugly in the center of the van, and the fill tube is on the side with the hose attaching through a "tunnel" in the frame.  After 3 hours of shoving, bending, cussing and laying on the ground, I finally got it back in.  Driving my daughter to school today ( the kids like to ride in the "Bagel") I could not accelerate over 45-50MPH.  As I drove, it got slower and slower until it died by the road 6 miles from the house and the school.  I looked under the hood, under the body, and everywhere else I could think, and I could find no problem.  I hopped back in  cranked her up and drove to the gas station to fill up.  NOPE not out of fuel. 1/2 mile down the road she dies again!! CRAP!!!  Wait a few minutes she cranks again and I'm off, for another mile or so and she dies again!!!  Hand the girl over to G'PA for delivery to her school and I get her cranked again and head back home.  If I keep her at 30 MPH in top gear, she seems to drive fine.  Now what is going on here????  I get her back home and leave her idling and check under the body looking at the fuel lines (rubber).  The draw line is flat instead of round.  Somehow, in the course of cussing at the tank, I pinched the pump supply line and possibly the return and vent lines too causing them to collapse with teh suction.

Some body smack me now!!!!

Now I have to take the tank down again but this time with a half a tank of fuel.  DOH!!!

Bernie :cry:

Reply #1May 23, 2006, 12:07:01 am

TDForNow

• Junior

Idiot of the day
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 12:07:01 am »
Don't be too hard on yourself, believe me,  we've ALL had our bouts with "DOH-itis"!!
'85 Quantum 1.6TD
'04 Passat 2.0 8vTDI

S-PAutomotive.com