S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: nuclear physicist with a jetta  (Read 3460 times)

April 23, 2006, 10:16:53 pm

ajt3nc

Reply #1April 24, 2006, 12:51:12 am

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

nuclear physicist with a jetta
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:51:12 am »
smart girl,i wanna see a pic :wink: oh yea iguess a pic of the car too :roll:
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #2April 24, 2006, 08:46:19 pm

Kudagra

• Veteran

• www.no-coast.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:46:19 pm »
um click the link and look in the top right corner.
Turbo boost libido and passive restraints
And as of yet I haven't heard even a single complaint
I've got the tools of the trade and a fuel injected heart
Efficiency is beautiful, efficiency is art

Reply #3April 25, 2006, 05:27:33 am

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 05:27:33 am »
It takes my full attention to build an engine, or change a suspension assembly or whatever.  I don't realy worry that it will be tricier than it seems.

the people building our bombs, reactors, etc. enter in to a light bulb swap with trepidation????!!!!!!!

Yikes!
I am moving to a deep hole underground.

J/K, i'd be a bit nervous at the wheel of a linear acellerator myself.

Reply #4April 25, 2006, 10:20:31 am

QuickTD

• Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 10:20:31 am »
the people building our bombs, reactors, etc. enter in to a light bulb swap with trepidation????!!!!!!!

It is called "specialization" and it will be the death of us all.

Reply #5April 25, 2006, 11:13:38 pm

moosiah

• Junior

nuc stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:13:38 pm »
My beloved Uncle Fred was a nuclear Engineer at Lawrence Rad lab ....... while helping a friend build his house in Livermore back in the '50s he drove up to hear them say " hey ,, we need a welder!!!  wait here " he says, then pulls his 40s plymouth w the 7body trunk up to the house..... then he starts pulling stuff out,,,,,  after the outboard, the table saw, a spare set of pistons(w rods ,rings and a gasket set) , a army tent (big) w a folding work bench he hands a guy a box w 2 big gages in it, then pulls out a loong green an' red hose.....  " 2 more things to go " then another box some long brassy looking things in side.....  " i need help w these " he says and lifts up a big green cyl " get joey to help w the red one ,it's really heavy!"  the cylinders were so long they went thru the trunk ,up under the rear seat!! he packed a whole gas welding/cutting set in the trunk of his car..... under all the other crap......  he was working on a lineor accelarater project .after they built it they  realzed that they didn't make provisions for getting the beam out of the tube to hit the target !!!! the next day he showed up w a .22 rifle. "why don't we just shoot a hole in the tube when it's hot ???? " he said........ :roll:  
He once told the top theoretical phycist at the rad lab that w a lot of work , some day he Might be a decent mechanic ...... getting to being a engineer? , well, there you go!! :lol:
'81 Frankenbunny: part rabbit, sirroco, golf ,caddy cabrio ,jedda and ! ford teimpo! w a little more Audi and soon some Peogeot too!!!!

Reply #6May 08, 2006, 08:55:37 am

bhtooefr

• Veteran

• http://my.opera.com/bhtooefr
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 08:55:37 am »
Better yet, click the picture, and scroll down a little.

:shock:

:D
1986 Volkswagen Golf | 1.6L NA diesel | 5spd manual | Deep Cosmic Blue (LE5C) | aack, it's a parts car, now, too!
1992 Mazda Miata | 1.6L DOHC gasser | 5spd manual | Classic Red (SU)