General Information > Troubleshooting

Help with a 1997 jetta with a AAZ (hard starting and wiring)

<< < (2/2)

libbydiesel:
I have not owned a stock AAZ vehicle.  You might want to get the A3 Bentley which includes the wiring diagrams.

If it is still hard starting, the first thing I would do is test for power at the glow plug buss bar on a cold start when the key is turned to ON.  Next I would add clear fuel lines before and after the injection pump and see if the fuel is draining back when it sits. 

Phaeton:

--- Quote from: libbydiesel on April 23, 2019, 07:38:32 pm ---I have not owned a stock AAZ vehicle.  You might want to get the A3 Bentley which includes the wiring diagrams.

If it is still hard starting, the first thing I would do is test for power at the glow plug buss bar on a cold start when the key is turned to ON.  Next I would add clear fuel lines before and after the injection pump and see if the fuel is draining back when it sits.

--- End quote ---

My buss bar tested good for power, but as i bled my injection pump and injectors the car started up quick without the glowplugs surprisingly. Ran like a clock until it warmed up, then started running rough. No air is in the fuel system. I checked the return line as it is clear, but i disconnected it and let it drain into a bottle to see if any bubbles came out anyway, i don't think there is air in my fuel system now. Would timing be the cause of this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version