Author Topic: Boost, Smoke, pulls hard  (Read 2007 times)

May 13, 2006, 07:43:24 pm

Rat407

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Boost, Smoke, pulls hard
« on: May 13, 2006, 07:43:24 pm »
OK I just adjusted my boost and now it pegs out my gage at 20+ psi.  This is on a 1V ECO 1.6 in my 91 jetta. The pump has been tweaked by Giles and he added and LDA. The K14 has some snappy boost, the gage pegs really quick. I guess I shouldn't run it past 15psi with out an intercooler, correct? Is to much boost and not intercooler a bad thing?  I don't have an egt gage, I still need to get one.  I do know one thing, the jetta pulls hard now but I still get a good amount of smoke at WOT. The best thing I ever did was put that 2.5 inch downpipe and exhaust system on. That really woke it up. Its just all that smoke can't be good. The engine is all new and fresh with only 14k miles on it. I had the injectors checked and they are good. Timing is set at 1mm.

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants & Filtration Systems, Click Here
Wholesale pricing available!
1991 Jetta  ECO TD

Reply #1May 14, 2006, 05:20:00 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

Boost, Smoke, pulls hard
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
you can cheat and run a water injection setup like ive got,find an old vw washer botle,and put a jet in the air filter inlet,etc,,i trigger mine w/a button right now,but you could do a psi or wot switch(imgonna make it both soon),and experiment with the jet

this is the jet in the intake tube,,the rice cone is on the end

you cant see the tube  for the water going into the intake here,kinda stealthy,oh thats just my washer bottle,,yea(first pic)

and here is what you get when it all works right!!!!

:twisted:  :twisted:
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #2May 14, 2006, 05:23:51 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

Boost, Smoke, pulls hard
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 05:23:51 pm »
oh,buy the way,folks,this stuff is great to use on the inside of steel intake pipes,you can see some of it in the "jet" pic
:idea:  :idea:
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #3May 15, 2006, 09:53:56 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Boost, Smoke, pulls hard
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 09:53:56 am »
looking good, deo! never a clean hand in any of your pics!  :wink:

rat 407, while intercooling any psi's over 15 is a good idea, in your setup, I think I'd be more concerned about wringing that poor little k14's neck so hard.
I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!