For Sale/Looking For > Vendors Section

Snow Performance Water-methanol Injection

(1/4) > >>

greggearhead:
I recently started working for Snow Performance in the Sales department so I thought I would post up here to let people know.  

We carry water-methanol injection kits that have a lot of benefits for turbo-diesels (lower EGTs 200-250 deg F, higher HP, higher mpg) with no real drawbacks.  

The kits have been getting lots of press in Diesel Power Magazine, etc. but not much in the VW IDI or TDI community, though I would love to change that.  I will have a kit on my built 1.6TD, but right now I can't offer you any hard installation or performance figures, though I would love to.  

I would be willing to help set up a group buy if enough people were interested, or I would be happy to just answer any questions anyone had.  

If you call the shop, ask for Greg.  719-633-3811
Or, you can email me there at [email protected]

Benjamin:
waterinjection is on my list!
i know a guy who had a citroen C3 1.4Hdi, he had a stage2 chip, his turbopressure was about 1,7bar/25psi if he turned up the WI his turbopressure goed to 2,5bar/36PSI! after a couple monts he broked his gearbox

Right, waterinjection is gr8!
but if we will use it on our tIDI, you not ganna say you drive daily WI, so it has no effect, becouse the settings of the pump need to be adjusted.
Exaly need to have a internal feul adjustment when we not wanna drive "daily" WI. just like a gasoline got a bleed vale, we need a smoke screw  :D

@greggearhead: do you also got solonoid, checkvalves are not the most safe things.

Greetz, Benjamin

greggearhead:
I am not sure I understand your complete post but -

It is used on thousands of daily drivers here in the USA.  The digital controllers on our proportional injection kits allow it to be used whether your boost is set to normal settings or if you are racing and turn it up - no problems.  

The pumps can be adjusted for pressure, but it is usually only required on a few applications when first dialing in the delivery.  After that, there is no need to adjust the pump pressure.  

We sell solenoids as well as checkvalves, and there are checkvalves built in to the pumps.  

I plan on using it on my turbo IDI 1.6 DAILY.  It provides hp, exhaust gas temp reductions, and mileage even if you are not overfueled.

Benjamin:
i mean you're dieselpump.

If i adjust/tune my smokescrew to the max with WI, and than i drive "daily" i don't got enough water/methanol, so i turn my waterinjection off, but if i give full throttle without the WI turned on, my EGT's wil get higher (WI:EGTs 200-250 deg F), so this is what i mean, exaly we need to be able to adjust our feul from inside the car.

I hope you can understand me enough  :oops:

Greetz, Benjamin

greggearhead:
I think I understand what you are saying by "i don't got enough water/methanol" -

You need a bigger tank!  

Yes, if our injection was electronic, it would be easy to over-fuel at the touch of a button and you could turn up the water injection and your EGTs would still be fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version