S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Coolant leak at pump return tee  (Read 1459 times)

December 24, 2018, 02:45:27 pm

Buji88

• User+

Coolant leak at pump return tee
« on: December 24, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »
Hey guys!

Did some searching and didn't come across any answers. I've been chasing coolant leaks in my 1.9 AAZ sidekick swap and I think I'm finally down to the last one. The tee in the water pump return (from the water neck down to a tee which goes to the oil cooler and returns to the water pump.) Looks like it only leaks under pressure so I would assume something is up with the tee or the hoses are done. Is this a common spot to leak? And I wonder if its caused more by the steels bands stretching over time and can be fixed by cutting the bands and putting hose clamps or should I tear everything off and replace it with silicone hoses and a brass tee?

Reply #1December 24, 2018, 07:34:24 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: Coolant leak at pump return tee
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 07:34:24 pm »
I would opt for replacing the hoses and the clamps.  Chasing those under pressure leaks is a pain sometimes and if you have one you have to do something to stop it so why not a new hose?  Yes sort of pricey but they last if you pay the good money for them.  I put a set on mine recently when installing the oil cooler in prep for the turbo.  I liked the quality.

S-PAutomotive.com