General Information > Troubleshooting

Irritating oil leak...

<< < (2/2)

Patrick:
Good luck with that! Only injection pump leak I've had was the seal on the input shaft. Happened to me twice on 2 different AAZ motors. Hard start problem that was the reason I bought the second one. Easy fix once I figured it out!

GypsyR:
I once had a daisy chain of leaks on my IP. Front seal then the big o-ring at the rear. Then down where the advance lever is. I got pretty sick of pulling and replacing the IP there for a while.

One neat way to find the exact source of a leak is to use talc. Degrease and wash and DRY the leak's general area. Then spread talc powder all over. I prefer to use "foot" spray in a can. Some folks just "poof" baby powder all over. Either way. Then do whatever makes it leak for a few minutes. The spray type sticks a LOT better if you need to get up the freeway speed to make it leak. Inspect. Whatever is leaking will have left a big obvious black trail through your pretty white powder. Leading you exactly to the source. Grab a water hose and simply rinse the powder away.

ORCoaster:
Brilliant in the simplicity of it all. 

And no more fungus or it smells like a baby for awhile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version