General Information > Troubleshooting

Irritating oil leak...

(1/2) > >>

Patrick:
AAZ in my Porsche, high mileage engine that always ran well. Oil at the front of the engine. Some on the turbo, and running down the block. Pulled the turbo and checked all connections on the drain line I modified to hook the T3 to the AAZ. Suspected the valve cover gasket so I changed that too. Did an oil change while I was at it and took the car out for a drive. Wet all down the front of the engine.
Camshaft seal maybe??? Not happy. Don't think I can change the seal without pulling the engine, not enough room. 
Any suggestions for something I'm missing??

ORCoaster:
In a case like that I would be spraying some engine degreaser on that engine and cleaning it up.  Then letting the bugger idle for about 10 mins.  Inspect with a bright light and an mirror if need be.  Then IF nothing is showing itself to be dripping from the cover or seals, I would try revving it up some and see if the turbo seals are holding at boost.

Otherwise it will be a mess forever. 

Patrick:
Engine is clean, oil is coming down the head on the right side at the timing  cover...

Patrick:
Pulled the timing cover off after work, belt and pulley dry. Pulled the valve cover back off, gasket twisted right at the corner where it turns up to go over the cam. Put another gasket in, no more leak.

ORCoaster:
If only all our troubles could be solved so simply.  Glad you got it.  I have an IP leak that is driving me crazy.  Just going to put little bits of paper towel on it here and there and see which ones get wet and where.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version