S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: oil pressure switch  (Read 1583 times)

September 09, 2018, 03:56:22 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

oil pressure switch
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:56:22 pm »
Hey guys. I'm looking to install a oil pressure switch so I have some kind of warning in my Tacoma swap. Theres not a lot of room to mount aftermarket gauges so I'd rather just run the light for now. The cluster light turns on with ground and off without ground so I need a sensor that grounds at low pressure then opens the circuit at pressure. Is this how the stock sensors run? Also what kind of pressure should be running at the filter flange? I know theres a bunch of different psi rating switches available. Id rather one a bit higher to get an earlier warning of a developing issue then the 3psi one. Is 13psi likely to trip at idle on the filter flange on a healthy engine? Its been a while since I monitored pressures but from what I remember filter flange at idle should be around 20psi and the head is about 10psi which should make 13psi a decent size for the light?

Reply #1September 09, 2018, 11:19:55 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
Re: oil pressure switch
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:19:55 pm »
Tyler

Reply #2September 09, 2018, 11:31:40 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

Re: oil pressure switch
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 11:31:40 pm »
Damn looks like the higher psi sensors are normally open. 3psi it is i guess. I'll at least put it in the head so it'll give more of a warning then 3psi at the filter flange.

Fixmyvw.com