S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: aaz throttle cable  (Read 1596 times)

August 19, 2018, 08:17:14 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

aaz throttle cable
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:17:14 pm »
how do I make this work? I had the older style cable with the black rectangle thingy and the metal collar that slides over and locked it into place but I cant find it. Went to pickapart today and this was the only cable I could find. unfortunately the ip and whatever this piece slides onto was missing. Anyone know what im looking for or where to find it? or would anyone have a few inches of the cable with the locking part (gotta hack 2 cables together and just need the portion to attach it to the throttle arm).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:03:57 am by RunninWild »

Reply #1August 19, 2018, 11:52:32 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: aaz throttle cable
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 11:52:32 pm »
The black plastic part has a hole in it that snaps on to the ball.  The metal clip slides over the plastic part to keep them together. 

Let me check the spare parts box and see if I have what it is you are looking for.  Will be tomorrow morning before I can do that.  Light of day is gone and looking in a dark box for a black part, well lets just say my eyes are not too cat like. 

Will let you know if I find it. 

Reply #2August 20, 2018, 12:03:47 am

RunninWild

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:03:47 am »
Sorry for the large pic imgur wont let me resize them anymore for whatever reason. I know what you are describing its what my old cable was like. the new one I pulled from a jetta aaz (1994 I believe) has a rectangular tip with a rectangular hole in it. I'm thinking there was some kind of rubber bushing or something that snapped onto the ball and then this cable snapped ontop of it. Before today I had never seen this style and I cant even find anything online that looks like it.

heres the link to the pic ill remove it from the original post so its not stupidly large
https://imgur.com/ajojiAI

if you find one id love to buy it! I only really need the locking cap and maybe 6" of the steel hose with the black plastic part

Reply #3August 20, 2018, 12:11:29 am

RunninWild

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 12:11:29 am »
actually I just found this. you can see in his engine bay the kind of cable I have. looks almost like you hold the cable above the ball and then snap something down into it
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=384290

heres a video showing it better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw6UtqLv4VQ
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:13:36 am by RunninWild »

Reply #4August 20, 2018, 04:11:51 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 04:11:51 pm »
Well I cleared out all three of the boxes of spare parts and I come up empty handed.  At least for that throttle cable.  I did find an old clutch cable and a couple of other pull type cables you would use on a lawnmower or something steady RPM.

Sorry, I really thought I had one.  I know how this goes too.  In a month I will stumble on it in an entirely unrelated place and wonder how it got there.  Parts Gremlins I think. 

Reply #5August 20, 2018, 06:25:59 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 06:25:59 pm »
Lol all good man. Thanks for looking. I'll hook it up with a zapstrap until i can find a proper cable end

S-PAutomotive.com