Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Pimped Glow Plugs  (Read 11278 times)

Reply #45August 18, 2018, 03:51:22 pm

libbydiesel

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

Re: Pimped Glow Plugs
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2018, 03:51:22 pm »
The direct power supply to each GP has been truncated from going from battery to OEM relay to GP, BUT isn't 50ish amps still going to OEM relay and back out to solenoid power switch supply?

That being said, The other question I have is more electrical in nature. When current flows, is it pushed or pulled? i.e. is the battery pushing the current or is the GP pulling the current from the power source? If it is a pull, then does the solenoid only pull enough amps to close the circuit thereby answering my first question?

Thanks
-m

With the rerouting, '50ish amps' do not still run through the stock glow plug wiring.  Only enough amps to latch the stock glow plug relay and enough amps to latch the secondary solenoid pass through the stock wiring.  The amperage necessary to latch the stock relay is minuscule.  The amps to latch the secondary solenoid is more significant but nowhere near 50 amps.  The 50 amps only pass from battery, through high current connections on the secondary solenoid, and to aux fuse box where it is split to the individual 12 amp circuits.

Does electricity push or pull?  Both.  It is a circuit.  The little negatively charged electrons flow FROM the negative terminal TO the positive terminal and all along the circuit they are simultaneously attracted to the positive terminal and repulsed by the negative terminal. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:38:42 pm by libbydiesel »