For Sale/Looking For > Parts for Sale/Wanted

1.6TD Shortblock - $350+shipping

(1/4) > >>

libbydiesel:
GONE -

Up for sale is a mechanical lifter 1.6TD short block.  The engine blew the headgasket and on disassembly I found that the head was cracked on the combustion face and so not usable.  The rough condition of the exterior and interior of the vehicle have inspired a part out rather than head replacement.  The short block was completely rebuilt 50,000 miles ago.  The rebuild included being bored to the first oversize and fitted with new Kolbenschmidt pistons, all new bearings (including intermediate shaft, oil pump shaft bushing, mains and rods).  The pistons and cylinders look fine.  Still plenty of cross-hatching visible, no palpable ridge at the top of the cylinders, etc...  Put another head on it and rock on.  Price is firm at $350 plus shipping from 86001.  That's less than the cost of the pistons alone.

zuhandenheit:
This is a great deal from one of best members of the community.

I might be interested -- as I've got some parts left over from a messed up AAZ block with melted pistons, and am driving an AAZ vanagon and I'm wondering about the pistons rings etc.

libbydiesel:
Thanks for the post. 

AAZ pistons/rings are not the same diameter as 1.6TD.  Rods are a different length.  Crank is different as well.  Despite the significant similarity between the engines, not much interchanges.

zuhandenheit:
Thanks for the reply. I was for some reason thinking AAZ bore diameter is the same as the 1.6td and that the pistons were the same, though not the rods and crank.

I've been putting off rehabbing my melted piston motor, largely because pistons are so damn expensive. I might end up with used pistons, as much as that sucks.

Anyway this is a good deal and should make someone happy. Coming from you I'll bet this motor has a lot of life left.

libbydiesel:
It is a CY code mechanical lifter turbo block (with piston cooling oil jets fitted).  12mm head bolts (as all the turbo blocks are).  Pistons are 76.98mm Kolbenschmidt.  No ridge at the top of the cylinders.  Decent cross-hatching visible.  It comes with the intermediate shaft, longitudinal oil pan, and oil pump.  It ran really well prior to the head gasket going.  Here are some pics:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version