Author Topic: Spring SW Ontario GTG??  (Read 14077 times)

Reply #15May 10, 2006, 08:58:08 pm

BellCityDubber

• Veteran

Re: June GTG?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 08:58:08 pm »
Quote from: VW Scully
Ack! It just keeps getting later and later!  :shock:
Well, how about the first Saturday in June (the 3rd).
What do y'all think of THAT!?  8)

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm good to go whenever.

Reply #16May 11, 2006, 11:18:29 am

BlackTieTD

• Veteran

Spring SW Ontario GTG??
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 11:18:29 am »
hey scully. if you have a jack the control arms shouldn't be too much of a hassle for you... are the ones you're putting in complete units with the bushings already on them and ball joints? makes it easier.

if you dig into it and have questions or problems, post and i'll try to lend a hand that way. i don't think this car is on the road yet so having up on stands for a couple days if thats what it takes shouldn't be a problem...

hopefully we pull a mkI or IDI type meet together soon :)

Reply #17May 11, 2006, 10:59:10 pm

VW Scully

• Junior

• Not Quite Tom Riddle's Diary
fixing my Rabbit
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 10:59:10 pm »
Hey;
Thanks for the tip! I have commandeered 'bajaguy' and "81cabrio' from the Vortex to help me :). I am bribing them with beer and food  :lol: cuz alas, they have no use for BioDiesel!  :wink:

I am still waiting to get more WVO to make more BioDiesel anyway, so likely won't have that GTG until mid-June; perhaps the 10th or 17th.
Hope you can attend that one! See ya  8)

oh yeah; and I gotta get those fender flares off of you!!!  :shock:
Tara aka VW Scully
**1981 Rabbit Diesel L, Biodiesel driven: 'the Bio-Bunny' **
Advocate for Young Adult Cancer Research & Support: I'm too Young for This!!
http://www.i2y.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply #18May 12, 2006, 01:46:32 am

BellCityDubber

• Veteran

Re: fixing my Rabbit
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 01:46:32 am »
I have commandeered 'bajaguy' and "81cabrio' from the Vortex to help me :).

you mean gendub right... jk

Reply #19May 13, 2006, 12:10:38 am

VW Scully

• Junior

Re: fixing my Rabbit
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 12:10:38 am »
Quote from: BellCityDubber
I have commandeered 'bajaguy' and "81cabrio' from the Vortex to help me :).

you mean gendub right... jk

hee hee; yeah right ;).
We'll be doing some work tomorrow if you wanna join us?
Email me:
[email protected] :)
Tara aka VW Scully
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply #20May 16, 2006, 04:26:44 pm

shwartzbewithyou

Spring SW Ontario GTG??
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 04:26:44 pm »
I'd like to see you biodiesel setup sometime. I've always wanted to learn how to make it so I've read all the how-to's online but I'm thinking of how difficult it would be to make in larger quantities.  How much do you normally make.  I would need an average of 40-45 litres/week.
My parents live in Goderich so I'm always heading through Stratford.  I should stop by sometime a see your setup.

Reply #21May 16, 2006, 10:57:48 pm

VW Scully

• Junior

BioDiesel GTG
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 10:57:48 pm »
Hey;
Thanks; I think we will make the next GTG a "BioDiesel related' one and I will post a new thread here to announce it. We are thinking of Sunday June 4 or June 10.

Anyway, I usually make about 32 litres at a time as I generally use about 25% methanol (depending what my oil titrates at) but that usually equates to two 4 litre jugs and therefore works out well with my equipment. I am currently running my car on between 20 and 50% BioDiesel since I still have to change all my rubber fuel lines/gaskets to synthetic in order to run 100% BioD, but I really should do that soon :wink: .

Bear in mind, I'm still new to the BioDiesel processing on a large scale so I'm no expert, :oops:  but I AM doing it and enjoying it and would be willing to help share some of my experience with others interested in alternative fuels. :)
Tara aka VW Scully
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply #22May 17, 2006, 09:12:48 am

shwartzbewithyou

Spring SW Ontario GTG??
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 09:12:48 am »
How often do you do make your batches of 32 litres and how long does it take to do each batch?

I'm contemplating making my next vehicle some type of alternative fuel vehicle but i'm having trouble deciding between Bio, veg, or electric.  All have benefits and draw backs.  But then theirs the part of me that wanted a diesel for so long and now that I have one I want another fast gasser like my last car.  So I think I just get bored easily and want something different all the time (the wife puts a cramp in that plan).  So then I'm thinking if I need speed in my life, then maybe I should buy a cheap motorcycle and then have the alternative fuel vehicle for rainy days and winter.  I know myself well enough though that if I buy a motorcycle, I'll get the bug and spend all my time on that.
I guess I know myself too well, I'm analyzing and predicting my future desires before they even get here :lol:  :lol:

Sorry for the hi-jack.  Let me know where I should be posting this stuff.