Engine Specific Info and Questions > Diesel Swaps

AAZ going in to a 914...

(1/7) > >>

Patrick:
Bought an adaptor kit from KEP to hook the engine to the transmission. Everything is apart right now. Should start putting the car back together this week. Next big hurdle is a front engine mount. For those not familiar with the Porsche 914 it uses a 901 transmission same as a bus, flipped so that the engine is ahead of the back axle. Longitudinal engine. Existing engine is pretty much a type four bus engine, boxer 4 air cooled. Mounts on a crossbar from side to side of the car with 2 rubber mounts in the middle. Gong to re use the cast cross bar.
Anyone have much experience with a front mount for a longitudinal engine? First thought is to use a mark 2 jetta mount on the back side of the engine, but wondering if there's strong enough bolt holes on the front of the block to work from there instead. also contemplating using the big holes cast in the block at the front of the engine beside the oil pan...  Going to think about it overnight. Should have the engine bolted to the transmission tomorrow.

Patrick:
Pics on another board... Build thread here.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=331391&st=0#entry2625903

Patrick:
Anyone got an easy way to hook a 4 cyl gas tach to a W terminal ? I know I've seen something in here somewhere....

srgtlord:
You have to rewire the tach to accept the signal from the W terminal

Patrick:
Found a built adaptor. Dakota Digital. Rewiring the existing Porsche tach is over my head. for 69 bucks problem solved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version