Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: What's this injection pump?  (Read 3022 times)

August 07, 2019, 02:20:16 pm

smoking_tdi

What's this injection pump?
« on: August 07, 2019, 02:20:16 pm »
Hello guys! I'm new around here but I'm trying to buy a car with mtdi conversion and I'm pretty confused with this injection pump does anyone recognize it?

Reply #1August 07, 2019, 04:20:37 pm

Dino

• User+

Re: What's this injection pump?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 04:20:37 pm »
Hello.
Unfortunately I don't know that injection pump. I just know Bosch VE 04604xxxxx pumps.
Is the car you're going to buy?
There are other pump makers as Lucas,Rotodiesel.
Maybe it ins't a Bosch or it's another sort of pump by Bosch.
Nice car! I think it's a 1.6 GTD intercooler 80hp,now with a TDI engine.

Reply #2August 07, 2019, 04:39:38 pm

smoking_tdi

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 04:39:38 pm »
The car is a Golf MK2, the owner claim that it is a 110HP engine.. so it should be an ASV block but probably it is a AGR. The pump itself looks like a 1.6D pump... I think it's missing the Lda...so probably a really low HP engine.

Reply #3August 07, 2019, 11:48:33 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:48:33 pm »
Not sure about the pump but that intercooler really isn't properly installed. Hot air from the radiator cooling the engine coolant is not going to be doing anything for cooling the air going to the intake manifold.  Should be installed in front of radiator not behind it.  Unless it is sectioned off and given it's own air supply.

Reply #4August 08, 2019, 02:23:18 am

smoking_tdi

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 02:23:18 am »
The intercooler is original VW part, problem is that it's missing all the important bits, it should look like this:

Reply #5August 08, 2019, 01:32:32 pm

Dino

• User+

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:32:32 pm »
Hello.
I'm not expert and not interesting in max power.
How far is the car from you? Maybe you can go and take a look.
If you are interesting in a powerful and fast car you should ask info about the turbo and gearbox.
Aren't there vnt turbo electrically controlled on 110 hp TDI?
I'd like to discover where the injection pump is from.
If you can't find the plastic cover for the intercooleer it can be relocated as suggested.
I like that car. I hope it's what you're looking for regarding engine and other parts.
Many wishes.
Let's know news,please.

Reply #6August 08, 2019, 08:36:49 pm

smoking_tdi

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 08:36:49 pm »
Hello!

I was supposed to take a look at it today, but unfortunately work didn't allow me to be there  :(

The car looks good to me from outside, but there are plenty of red flags, the registration isn't quite right it's a simple CL 1.6D....not a GTD as i was expecting.  The engine itself looks like a cheap hack job and probably produces less power than a standard GTD@80HP, that being said i already own a Golf MK2 GTD with a true TDI conversion and plenty of upgrade so it's  probably  best for me to pass on the deal.

VNT turbos from this generation where vacuum actuated not electrically like the GTB series but you still need an ECU to properly manage those...I've been in some cars with VNT turbos modded to work with boost actuator and they don't really work as nice but is kinda doable.