S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Holset choice?  (Read 1253 times)

April 09, 2018, 03:21:37 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

Holset choice?
« on: April 09, 2018, 03:21:37 pm »
Hey guys.
Got a aaz I recently rebuilt with arp head and main studs with a giles pump and a he211w turbo. I put maybe 50km on the build before pulling the motor for a different vehicle. The motor sat in my friends garage a few months and somehow one of the compressor blades managed to break (think it was his 3 year old trying to "fix it" with a screw driver or something).

I got the turbo super cheap 2nd hand off of ebay and i cant for the life of me find a new compressor wheel or even a rebuild kit for it. The only company i found that sells them has a 10 order minimum and are chinese aftermarket (eww). I didnt have much experience playing with it but i was boosting about 27psi without an intercooler and egt never got very high (think my pump needs a retune, also got it 2nd hand). Thinking of just biting the bullet and buying a new turbo. Would you guys suggest getting another he211w and swapping the modified housing (for clocking) or would the he221w be better suited for the 1.9l? The motor is going in a tacoma so im thinking the smaller he211w is probably my best bet for quicker spooling offroad? Modifying the waste gate on the he221w would be more work as well...