Author Topic: WTB: K24 or T3 turbo, trapezoidal flange  (Read 2128 times)

March 27, 2018, 03:43:40 pm

cygnus x-1

WTB: K24 or T3 turbo, trapezoidal flange
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:43:40 pm »
Looking for a K24 or T3 turbo with a trapezoidal flange.  Should be in decent working order but might consider a rebuildable core if the price is right.

Thanks!
Chris

Reply #1April 08, 2018, 03:53:48 am

zuhandenheit

• Junior

Re: WTB: K24 or T3 turbo, trapezoidal flange
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:53:48 am »
Hey Chris,

I have a T3 that was sent to me with an AAZ. The PO said the turbo was from a junkyard and he had not run it. There is wear to the compressor wheel.

I ran a turbo with a much worse looking compressor on a far higher performance engine (a Mitsubishi 4g63) and had no problems whatsoever. But I tend to do what I'm told when it comes to these VW diesel engines, and it was suggested that it's probably not a good idea to run it with the wheel as it is.

I doubt that this is of any help to you, given what you say you're looking for, but I thought I'd mention it. I can post pictures if you'd like.

Reply #2April 09, 2018, 02:41:57 pm

cygnus x-1

Re: WTB: K24 or T3 turbo, trapezoidal flange
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 02:41:57 pm »
Hey Chris,

I have a T3 that was sent to me with an AAZ. The PO said the turbo was from a junkyard and he had not run it. There is wear to the compressor wheel.

I ran a turbo with a much worse looking compressor on a far higher performance engine (a Mitsubishi 4g63) and had no problems whatsoever. But I tend to do what I'm told when it comes to these VW diesel engines, and it was suggested that it's probably not a good idea to run it with the wheel as it is.

I doubt that this is of any help to you, given what you say you're looking for, but I thought I'd mention it. I can post pictures if you'd like.

Hi,

Wear on the compressor wheel by itself isn't so much an issue, but if there's enough slop in the bushings or shaft such that the compressor wheel is contacting the housing, that would certainly be an issue.  That said I'm not averse to doing a rebuild, so go ahead and post some pictures if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks!
Chris

S-PAutomotive.com