Engine Specific Info and Questions > Diesel Swaps

Which diesel for my Toyota!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tmarkle:
Well my "rod knock" turned out to be a loose torque converter bolt, quite a relief. I still want to diesel swap a Toyota pickup, so now I'm on the lookout for one with a blown head gasket or other engine damage. I figure a single cab with stock size tires will be a better candidate for a four cylinder diesel anyways.

RunninWild:
Some ideas for motor mounts when you get that far

Tmarkle:
Picked up a donor for a swap. 1997 Jetta with an AHU. Runs like a top! Now to find a Toyota that needs a motor..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmarkle:
Even though the engine has plenty of power and runs sound, I plan to rebuild it before I drop it in a pickup. It smokes some blue/white on startup and has a slight haze even when warm. I'm not to concerned, I got it for 600 bucks and drove it 150 miles home without a single problem. Still trying to decide between mTDI and leaving it eTDI. When/if I rebuild it I will use upgraded components and be shooting for 200+ horsepower. I know that's a lot, but I want the truck to sit on at least 33" tires, and if I go with a 4runner it will weigh a bit more. Since the v8 in my other Toyota is now running fine I would feel kinda bad ripping a good running 300+ hp motor out to replace it with a small diesel. I have considered selling it to fund a really bad@$$ build but I've been adding a lot of cool features to it lately and have grown a bit of a bond with it lol. Plus, that truck has a 6" lift and 35" tires, less than optimal for a smaller engine. I may still end up putting it in that truck later, who knows. I feel like a 200hp TDI with a five speed would rip in any Toyota! Anyone who has experience with Toyota swaps feel free to chime in as I'd love some advice from someone who has done this before, same goes for anyone who has built an mTDI pump.

RunninWild:
What do you want to know? Mine has an sas, not sure how easy it would be to make fit with the ifs. Im aiming for about 150-175hp with my aaz. If i was you i would go with a he221wg turbo, mtdi with a r150f tranny. Not too sure what gearing you woulf want in your diffs. Im going 5.29 but the idi has a completely different power band. There's tons of room in the engine bay though which is nice. Keep in mind if you go sas you would want a passenger side drop t case from a 3.0l.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version