Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: lift pump install pic  (Read 2849 times)

April 15, 2006, 11:44:10 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

lift pump install pic
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:44:10 pm »
this is the same pump used on the dodge trucks w/24v cummins,,an "isb",,,,well not exact,,only difference in mine is it has pipe thread inlet+outlet,versus the isb pump that has 12mm banjos ,, i could have done it either way,,its a carter pump, i think the box said somethin like "carter performance series",,i got mine at napa thru work,,was around 70$ i think,,ihave 10 or 15 extra isb pumps laying around thanks to campaign 0504,so if this one goes,,all i gotta change is fittings to banjos,,no big deal,,,i got a "key on" relay,,,although i was runnin it out of fusebox for a while,but it sounded funny from volt drop when i put on blinkers??heehee,i have 15 psi at injector pumpat all times,,i installed a temp. guage,and road flogged,i mean tested it!! dont mind the rust,,,,i bolted a bracket witha rubber isolator toa little stud there in the pic,,,make sure your pump comes w/ the bracket,with rubber grommets to mount the pump,,ask rabbittree,,i gave him one and he bolted it solid,,freakin humming was louder than the engine

Throttle cables ftw

Fixmyvw.com